I’ll be teaching and/or vending at the following locations:
No events at this time.
- Sat01Apr201710 AM - 1 PMSouth Dakota AGRICULTURAL HERITAGE MUSEUM - West Gallery Sheep Exhibit
- Sat24Jun20171-3 PM South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
A fun, hands on exploration of indigo dyeing. Indigo is magical! Once you see the change from yellow-green to deep blue as the air’s oxygen hits the dye, you’ll be hooked! We’ll focus on several resist techniques, known as shibori, to create stunning designs. Each student will work on 3 small projects, with the option of bringing a one or two of your own natural fiber items (yarn, cotton flour sack cloth dishtowels, baby onesies, etc.) to help use up the dye vat at the end of class.
For more information or to register go to the class page at the SD Ag Museum.
- Sat26Aug201710am-1pmSouth Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
You will learn about historical finds that contained nalbinding and how to do one of the simplest stitches, called the Oslo stitch. With the stitch you’ll learn how to turn, work in the round, increase, and decrease. Our project will be a mini tote bag.
- 2pm-5pmSouth Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
- Sat05Mar2016Green Camel Gathering - Tyler, MN
- Sat11Jun2016Sangerfest, Sioux Falls, SD
- Fri16Sep20162-4 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sat17Sep20169 AM-12 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Tue11Oct2016Daughters of Norway, Sioux Falls, SD
- Sun22Mar2015Athena Fibers Yarn Shop - Sioux Falls, SD
- Fri19Sep20141-5 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sun21Sep20148:00 pmNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sat06Dec2014Crossthreads Fiber Guild - Fiber Day
- Crossthreads Fiber Guild - Fiber Day
- Sat02Mar2013Green Camel Gathering - Tyler, MN
- Fri20Sep20131-4 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sun22Sep20138:30 AM-12:30 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sat15Sep20122-4 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sun16Sep20121-3 PMNorth Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
- Sat18Sep2010North Country Fiber Fair - Watertown, SD
I’m open to class requests and happy to teach 1 on 1.