- Who is collecting the data?
Shy Red Fox, Google Analytics, and Askimet.
- What data is being collected?
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Responding to you. And tracking the most effective pages and posts.
- Will the data be shared with any third parties?
Not beyond web security and analytics. My customers and visitors are the lifeblood of my business, I won’t share information about you, willingly – unless required by law. There shouldn’t be anything but comments, contacts for business purposes that you initiate, website security, and website usage (Google Analytics).
- How will the information be used?
To complete the contact you initiated. And tracking the most effective pages and posts and what pages lead to access to my shop. (Just click info and VERY general location info). I want to keep your privacy safe.
- How long will the data be stored for?
As long as needed.
* If commenting on the blog, I assume you don’t mind the comment staying there. If you want it removed please contact me via the email below.
* Regarding Google Analytics – I have it set to delete data after 26 months. This gives me a reasonable time to analyse data, but not keep data indefinitely.
- What rights does the data subject have?
Data can be deleted upon request for data on this site. If requested in the middle of a project for you, I’ll complete the project first – then delete data after payment. You can also use a special browser plugin to opt out of Google Analytics.
- How can the data subject raise a complaint or request their data?
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).