Testing this headband out. Think I want it a bit thinner. So much more comfy than store bought ones.
Any interest in a headband pattern?
Sweater update – working in color #3 on skein of yarn #5. (alternating colors every other row to help blend them. Color #3 is quite a bit brighter, so I’m anxious to see how this turns out.)
This won’t be done for the March 4th date for the Green Camel Gathering (my favorite local crafting retreat). But it will get done!!!!
Finished a pair of socks (Zauberball) then, started a new pair with the new shop sock yarn. (One needs to show how the yarn knits up, right?)
oh, I love this yarn and the Fjord color way. (though I’m going to change the recommended needle size to 1, instead of 2 like manufacturer says.)
I think the only thing I knit anymore is socks. Any other obsessive sock knitters out there?
Any crafts you all want to try but haven’t yet? (For me it’s sprang. I want to make a cool shopping bag!)
What craft do you want to learn?
New in the shop – SOCK YARN (superwash merino/nylon), bulky and worsted yarns (4ply and singles). Polwarth top for spinning/felting. Brand new colorways: Fjord (Nordic Series) and Geology (Science series) (All the new colorways are represented above – but not all the yarn!) There are still a few wood nalbinding needles available too. (More needles to come next week.)
With the new yarns coming in, I can’t wait to hit the dyepot!
I’m carrying some American grown and made yarns now. (This is something I’ve been working toward. It’s important to me to support the wool industry in my own country.) Also, I’m only carrying one superwash yarn (for socks – obvious reasons) due to concerns I have over the effects on the environment and superwash treatments almost all being done overseas.
Bases I’m carrying now are:
– Fox in Socks (4 ply sock base – 75% superwash merino/25% nylon. Super soft! 50g/218 yd. 2 balls usually needed for a pair of socks)
– Sly Fox (4 ply 100% wool. 100g/247 yd. Worsted weight. Soft and lovely to work with. Great workhorse yarn!)
– Swift Fox (1 ply 100% wool. In worsted – 100g/160 yards, and bulky 200g/160yd. Soft and fablous to nalbind with. USA grown and made.)
– Arctic Fox (1 ply 85% wool/15% alpaca. Bulky weight. 100g/92 yd. Luxuriously soft.)
Current colorways are in the Yarn Gallery –https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…
* Any colorways or bases you’d like to see dyed?
* Any suggestions for colors you’d like to see?